LORD HOWE ISLAND ITINERARY
The schedule below is dependent on weather and wind direction, and will be adjusted on a daily basis.
Sunday, 10th November, 2019
· 7.00am flight (QF2264) from Sydney to Lord Howe Island (2 hrs)
· Transport to accommodation followed by a mini exploration of the island on our complimentary bikes
· Ride to Ned's Beach to swim/snorkel above a kaleidoscope of fish and coral
· Late afternoon restorative combination Vinyassa flow and Yin yoga class outdoors at Flagstaff Point, where we can practice and watch the approaching sunset
· Complimentary group dinner at world-renowned Beach Comber Lodge with fresh local kingfish, hosted by 5th generation Islander, Gary Payt
Monday, 11th November, 2019
· Morning meditation and Vinyasa flow yoga class under the palm trees at Ned's Beach
· Suggested optional walk to the Valley of the Shadows, an easy 1.5hr walk through a Banyan Forest via the popular surf beach, Middle Beach ..... or take some free time to snorkel, swim, paddle board, surf, play tennis, get a massage or just read a book under the palms
· Optional bike ride to Lovers Bay (an easy 15 minute ride along the Lagoon) and relax on Blinky Beach to swim in pristine turquoise water
· Afternoon invigorating Yin yoga class at Cobby's Corner, followed by a group swim
· For the foodies, join us for the optional dinner at Beach House on the Moon- Milky Way, headed by Chef Wesley 'Sika' Young
Tuesday, 12th November, 2019
· A 20 minute sunrise bike ride to Little Island at the foot of Mt Gower for morning meditation and Vinyasa flow yoga class
· Take in the beauty of the island with the Northern Hills Malabar Walk (2.5hrs - moderate)
· Free time to relax and chill ... or enjoy the many complimentary activities at Ocean View. (Tennis anyone?)
· Afternoon deep relaxation Yin yoga class outdoors at the Lagoon or Neds Beach
· Dinner is a complimentary A La Carte meal at the Anchorage Restaurant with star executive Chef David Chumsky, formerly of Otto, Quay and Longrain
Wednesday, 13th November, 2019
· Morning meditation and Vinyasa flow yoga class under the palm trees at at Old Settlement Beach, followed by a group swim for turtle spotting
· Complimentary glass bottom boat and snorkelling trip to explore North Bay, Mt Eliza and the Herring rock pools, including a fresh seafood beach BBQ lunch. (8am-2pm)
· Free time ... did we mention there's a million and one things to do including napping. Make the afternoon your own
· Afternoon bliss out with combination Yin yoga and Yoga Nidra at the Lagoon
· In the evening enjoy some of the friendships you've made with our complimentary sunset beach BBQ hosted by our own private chef, Wesley from the Beach House on the Moon
Thursday, 14th November 2019
· Sunrise morning meditation and swim.
· SPECIAL OPTION: Hike to the summit of Mt Gower - recognised as one of the most spectacular hikes Australia has to offer. It is a challenging 8 hour return trek, complete with rope-assisted climbs and dizzying drops. Walkers traverse around 14km across the mountains rugged terrain to reach the peak and enjoy the breathtaking views. The hike requires pre-booking with a guide at an additional cost of $100 pp and kicks off at 7.30am.
For those not joining the Mt Gower hike our alternative schedule would include:
· Morning outdoor Vinyasa flow yoga class
· Trek the Goathouse walk (moderate to hard). A 3 hour hike with spectacular views of the island
· Beach session at the lagoon on stand up paddleboards/kayaks
· Afternoon restorative Yin yoga under the ancient fig tree at Cobby’s Corner
Friday, 15th November 2019
· Morning meditation and Vinyasa flow yoga class at Lovers Bay
· Make the day your own
· Grab a paddle board, kayak or snorkel, tennis racket or a good book and make the afternoon your own
· Afternoon restorative Yin yoga by the Lagoon
· Join your new friends for sunset drinks on the deck of the Lord Howe Island Golf Club, before moving to the restaurant indoors for a fiesta
Saturday, 16th November 2019
· Morning meditation and combination Vinyasa flow + Yin yoga class on the grassy knoll at Flagstaff point
· Free time to connect with friends and say goodbye to the island
· Speak to Andrew and Glenn about booking into the next Bad Yogi retreat in 2020!
· 2.45 pm flight (QF2265) from Lord Howe Island to Sydney (2.15 hr)
Yoga sessions will generally be 60 minutes and a combination of Vinyasa flow and Yin yoga, with some pranyama and meditation.
Yoga class times (subject to change) Morning: 7am-8.30am | Afternoon 4:30-5/6pm (Depending on the day’s activities). Dinner will be scheduled for 7-7.30pm.